Chosen from over 40,000 contestants, Fiona performed on the popular BBC show ‘The Voice’. She was one of only 100 who had the opportunity to perform in front of the celebrity mentors Will.i.am, Kylie Minogue, Ricky Wilson and Sir Tom Jones.
“An angelic vibe” Will.i.am
“WOW! Beautiful” Tom Jones
“You’re incredible” The Voice
Fiona now brings her own interpretation to the songs and voice of Katherine Jenkins. The show can be either 1 x 45 min or 2 x 60 mins. As well as stunning vocals there's lots of audience participation and even those who know nothing about opera will recognise and enjoy many of the great songs.
Fiona Kelly - Biography
Fiona Kelly began singing as a child in talent competitions and music festivals throughout Scotland where her pure soprano voice first brought her success and public recognition.
Fiona studied singing at the North East Scotland Music School and a BMusT at The Northern College ,Aberdeen.
Taking leading roles in numerous operettas, musicals and charity concerts, her professional singing career began in a three piece vocal pop group and as part of an Abba tribute.
Highlights of her solo career so far have been:-
• Performing for the Royal Family at Balmoral.
• Supporting Katherine Jenkins at the Emmerdale Fundraiser.
• Supporting Keith Jack (currently touring as “Joseph”) at Hogmanay 2009.
• Fiona was chosen to perform at the opening of the prestigious Scottish Hotel of the Year Awards Ceremony, ‘Homecoming Scotland’. Here Fiona introduced songs from her debut album.
• Fiona first performed for the Edinburgh Festival in 2010 for a highly acclaimed 8 night run at the Apex City Hotel, Edinburgh.
• Performed with Ruthie Henshell and John Owen-Jones at the Usher Hall, Edinburgh November 2012 to a 2,000 strong audience and took part in the sold out 2013 Cardiff tour.
2011 saw Fiona broaden her horizons to the Canary Islands, where she is still performing her classical cabaret show to delighted audiences in 4/5 star hotels and restaurants.
As a solo performer, Fiona combines her background of classical training and love of opera with a crossover into musical theatre and popular music. Her natural warmth, humour and passion for music ensures that each performance is polished and entertaining.